But a little background.
I went to a conference for work that just happened to take place in San Francisco-home of my best friend in the world and her lovely family. So, of course, I jumped at the chance to go. Not being able to leave both kids behind and remembering that Abraham got to accompany me to my work picnic, I chose Angelo as my travel companion. It helps that he flies for free.
This was my second multi-day trip away from Abraham.
We flew back late last night and Abraham was sound asleep when we returned. I even tried to wake him--after a couple years of tip toeing around him when he was asleep he now sleeps like the dead. Aaron gave me a picture Abraham had drawn for me:
And on the back Abraham asked Aaron to draw a picture of a dog. He had to do the dog picture twice as the first one he completed apparently had sharp teethe which Abe found unacceptable.
This morning I awoke to the feeling that someone was standing near me. I opened one eye and it was Abraham with a huge smile on his face. Not long after, Angelo, who slept with Aaron and I last night due to a busted baby monitor also awoke with a smile and the sound of big brother's voice. They immediately hugged and tackled each other. I stood ready for my hug from Abraham but he went straight to his little brother first.
And then Abe asked if we saw the picture he had drawn so he "didn't miss me so much." "Did you show Ang the back and did he say, 'dog'?" The reason Abraham wanted the dog picture drawn was for Angelo to see it and say the word. That Abraham really gets a kick out of his little brother.
It was good to be home.
No comments:
Post a Comment