Thursday, April 9, 2009

Wednesday Afternoons

From November until recently I spent Wednesday afternoons working at Abraham's school. Angelo would come with me and we would hang out with the kids for 3 hours. Some dark winter afternoons would drag on but it was nice to be in a cheery space with lots of things for the kids to do. We would brave it outside even on cold days when the playground was covered in snow. Now that the weather is nicer, the kids spend hours out on that playground. Angelo loved being at school and Abraham seemed proud that I was there. It was fun while it lasted but hard work too!

One day at snack time, I put two juice boxes out for my kids. The whole group was sitting around the table. By the time I had gotten out the rest of their snacks, I looked up and Abraham had opened Angelos's juice first and then moved to his own. When Abraham wanted to get my attention on those days, he would call me teacher mommy.











No comments: